In this post I will be sharing some benefits of Aloe Vera for the hair, as well as a DIY Aloe Vera Mud Wash. 🙂
Aloe Vera Benefits
- can be a safe and natural way to treat hair loss
- has essential vitamins and minerals that aid in restoring hair’s strength and beauty
- soothe and moisturize the scalp, helping to eliminate the scaly dryness that causes dandruff
- oily or dry hair, aloe vera can help restore balance to the hair
DIY Aloe Vera Shampoo
- Aloe Vera Juice
- Bentonite Clay
- ACV (apple cider vinegar)
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- Essential of choice (I used ylang ylang, peppermint)
1/2 cup Bentonite clay
1/2 cup AVJ (aloe vera juice)
1/4 cup ACV (apple cider vinegar)
1/4 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
2-3 drops of each of these essential oils (ylang ylang/ peppermint)
Apply to the hair in sections. Leave in for 10-15mins. Then rinse with warm water.
After I rinsed the mud wash out I applied my DIY Coconut Conditioner linked below https://happykinksforever.wordpress.com/2014/07/09/diy-coconut-conditioner-natural-hair/
Left the conditioner in for 20mins, rinsed, and completed my hair with a aloe vera rinse. Which felt AMAZING. Highly recommend it.
After the rinse, I apple my leave-in (kinky curly knot today) twisted, and allowed to air dry. Once dried, I to the twist out and pulled back in a ponytail, and DONE! 🙂
Overall, I love this mud wash. My hair was soft, shiny, full of bounce, and refreshed.
Give it a try, and please as always keep me posted. 😉
Stay beautiful, kinky gals!