Even though some of us are still buried in snow, without a sign of spring is in the air. Allow me to shower you with rose petals today. Rose perfumes are great to daydream about spring and summer, but my little secret is found in a kitchen cupboard. It’s a bottle of rosewater. Rose water has been used in the Africa and the Middle East for centuries and today The Middle East is one of the largest producers of rosewater. Today I’m sharing 4 ways to Rosewater and a lovely facial recipe for glowing skin.
1. Perfume– Rosewater smells exactly like fresh petals. On hot days when you’re traveling or don’t want to have a perfumed presence, it’s ideal. It feels refreshing and uplifting.
2. Hair Rinse– Another way I incorporate rosewater into my beauty regimen is to use it as a hair rinse (2 Tablespoons per 1 cup of water). After I cleanse and condition my hair, I thoroughly rinse and then follow up with the rosewater mix. It’s excellent for hair and leaves a very delicate scent in my locks.
3. Facial Toner– An important ingredient in many skin care preparations, rosewater is likely to be already featured in your toners, lotions and creams. Its anti-inflammatory properties make it soothing for dry skin. In Morocco, it’s frequently mixed with argan oil for a homemade makeup remover. I add a tablespoon of rosewater to one cup of distilled H2O for a softening toner. As with any new skin care treatment, be sure to do a patch test before you start using it on regular basis.
4. Body Treatments– Mix Rosewater in with a body butter, or lotion and rub into the skin. Its works great as stress reliever.
DIY FACIAL RECIPE:
This recipe I’m going to share, is not only simple, but will blow your mind on how fast it works, and so much cheaper then what the sell in stores, such as LUSH, Sephora, Macys, etc. You might never buy a toner elsewhere again.
Empty spray bottle
Apple Cider Vinegar
Tea Tree Oil
ADD IN AND MIX
- 1/2 tsp of Raw Honey: Moisturizing, Gentle (suitable for all skin types)
- 1 tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar: Astringent, PH Balancing
- 5 drops of Tea Tree Oil (Spot Treatment): Anti-Fungal/Anti-Viral, Drying
- 5 drops of Sweet Almond Oil: Softening, Sun Protector
- Add all 4 to a Empty spray bottle
- Then add the Rose Water: Anti-Inflammatory, Mood-Enhancing
- Shake well
And yup, you’re done! Simple.
Thats me, makeup free, just naturally glowing skin. 🙂
Test this product FIRST on your hand to be sure you are not allergic.
Hope you beauties enjoyed!