Hey beauties! Here’s a quick post of my new DIY hair product creation. *Shea Butter and Coco Butter Milk*
- 1/2 BOTTLE OF MIXED OIL (coconut, olive, castor, bringraj (optional), almond, vatika (optional), and vitmain e oil)
- 1/3 of SHEA BUTTER AND COCO BUTTER IN A CONTAINER
- BEESWAX PETALS
- BOILING TEA POT/ POT
- BOILING WATER
This may sound time consuming. However, you and your hair won’t regret it.
- boil water
- once boiled, pour the water in a thick glass/ porcelain bowl
- take a soup spoon of beeswax petals and place them a small separate container
- place the container of beeswax into the hot water bowl
- let it sit until liquified
- mix the liquified wax with the shea/coco butter.
- place the mixture of both the beeswax and shea/coco butter into the hot water. (if the water begins to cool, reheat)
- once the beeswax and shea butter mixture is liquified, pour it into the 1/2 bottle of oil.
- give the bottle a shake.
- And your done
NOW WHATEVER SIZE BOTTLES YOU BUY, YOU HAVE TO MAKE YOUR ON JUDGEMENT OF MEASUREMENTS!!!
Make guess, play around, until you have found the right consistency you prefer.
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS SHEA BUTTER MILK:
- LIGHT WIEGHT
- NOT GREASE
- ALLOWS TWIST/BRAID/BANTU KNOTS OUTS APPEAR MORE NATURAL LOOKING
- ADDS A TON OF VOLUME
- MOISTURES GREAT
JUST A SIDE NOTE. THIS DIY PRODUCT DOESN’T HOLD HAIR STYLES, SUCH A TWIST OUTS AND BRAIDS UP VERY WELL IN HUMID CLIMATES. 😦 SORRY BEAUTIES.
HOWEVER, IT WILL WORK WONDERS THIS FALL AND WINTER. 🙂
Good luck curlies, and post soon!