Deep Conditioning the hair with Bentonite Clay has a number of benefits. I’ve mention the clay in a few of my post in the past. When applied to the hair and skin, the clay swells up like a sponge and attracts toxins into it. Drawn by the electric charge of the clay, the toxins stick to it and wash off when the clay is rinsed off.
Its works great for natural hair, due the amount of oils, butter, or pomades, use to moisturize our hair.
What You’ll need:
Water/Water Bottle/Hair clips/Towel/Plastic cap
Bowl + non-metal spoon
Apple Cider Vinegar+jojoba oil/avocado oil/coconut oil (optional)
(Optional additional ingredients include: aloe vera juice for added softness and conditioner for added moisture)
1. Pour 1 cup of Benonite Clay into a bowl
2. Add 1/2 cup of warm water to mixture
3. Add 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
4. Mix, Mix, Mix until the mixture forms a pasty consistency
1. Separate hair into 4 sections with clips
2. Spritz each section of hair with water
(Optional step: gently finger detangle with conditioner)
3. Apply Bentonite Clay paste from root to tip
*Avoid getting the paste on your scalp since it is difficult to get out. Also avoid detangling with the clay since it is drying.
4. Put on a plastic cap and leave mixture on for 15-25 minutes
5. Rinse out and proceed to washing- I follow up with a mud washing treatment, and a leave in.
I’ll keep you all posted on my ending results!
Stay nappy, and God bless!