Hey y’all, sorry for my absent. WordPress has been acting a fool. However, my absents has giving me some time to experiment with some of my favorite oils. I decided to combined my favorite oils into one, creating a hair oil serum. This will stretch my products longer, and save me money.
In this post, I want to share my favorite oils, the benefits, and a “how to” create a homemade oil serum. Enjoy!
- Castor oil: thickens hair, promotes hair growth, prevents thinning, moisturizes, helps reduce split ends, helps to tame frizz, and prevents scalp infections.
- Coconut oil: is great for preventing dandruff, promoting hair growth, moisturizing, strengthening hair, thickening hair, and preventing damage.
- Olive oil: which is also referred to as the “godmother of hair oil,” is great for moisturizing, deep conditioning, improving hair strength, eliminating dandruff, and also has powerful antioxidants that can help fight hair loss.
- Avocado oil: is particularly great for natural hair. It’s loaded with nutrients, amino acids, essential fatty acids, as well as vitamins A, B, D, and E. And it’s excellent for moisturizing, deep conditioning, improving hair strength, strengthening hair, and boosting shine.
- Rosemary oil: is great for stimulating hair follicles for hair growth, preventing hair loss and greying, preventing dandruff, strengthening hair, and boosting shine.
- Safflower oil: protects hair, nourishes hair follicles, moisturizes, and stimulates blood circulation to promote hair growth and thickness. And it is extremely beneficial for natural as well as dry chemically treated hair.
- Sweet almond oil: works great as a “sealant.” This means that it “locks-in” moisture. Sweet almond oil also nourishes hair, smooths hair cuticles to control shedding, promotes hair growth and thickness, prevents hair loss, and boosts shine.
COMBINING THE OILS: add the oils into a bottle container to use as a daily serum
- 1/2 cup of castor oil
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of evoo
- 5 drops of rosemary oil
- 5 drops of avocado oil
- 5 drops of safflower oil
- 5 drops of sweet almond oil
- then add tea tree oil as a natural perservative
- seal your container
give your container a shake. this will work well with twist-outs, braid-outs, bantu knots, etc.
I used my serum on a twist out. Results:
Thanks for visiting. God bless, and stay nappy!